Please understand that being a SSA board member is a serious responsibility and requires much dedication and organization. Board members are expected to attend weekly meetings and complete all necessary tasks within the assigned time. With that being said, it’s also a very rewarding experience for personal and professional development, and of course lots of fun!
Responsibilities of the Treasurer
- The treasurer shall maintain all documentation and receipts of funds from SSA accounts as well as maintaining a ledger of transaction.
- The treasurer shall maintain a record of the SSA account, documenting transfer of all funds.
- The treasurer must be a co-singer on all checks and financial transactions.
- The treasurer shall strategically plan the funding of events and guarantee sufficient funds are maintained to properly finance SSA events.
- The Treasurer is responsible for making sure members pay their annual dues and keeping track of those that have.
- The treasurer is responsible for informing the Executive Board of SSA account information and confirming with the E-Board before releasing funds.
- The Treasurer is responsible for providing the E-Board with a balanced account sheet.