Please understand that being a SSA board member is a serious responsibility and requires much dedication and organization. Board members are expected to attend weekly meetings and complete all necessary tasks within the assigned time. With that being said, it’s also a very rewarding experience for personal and professional development, and of course lots of fun!
Responsibilities of the Secretary
- The Secretary shall take official minutes of all SSA Executive Board meetings with accuracy and sharing the information with the E-Board for review of the E-Board meeting.
- The Secretary prepares the Executive Board meeting agenda before the meetings.
- The Secretary is responsible of reserving rooms that are necessary for SSA events as well as maintaining communication with the offices and completing paperwork that are necessary. They are responsible for maintaining good working relationships with the offices.
- The Secretary shall be in charge of maintaining the organization of the SSA office and keeping it clean.
- The Secretary is responsible for keeping a membership binder that holds relevant information regarding SSA members.
- The Secretary shall submit a weekly update to the Vice President of all transactions, reservations and any other relevant information