Please understand that being a SSA board member is a serious responsibility and requires much dedication and organization. Board members are expected to attend weekly meetings and complete all necessary tasks within the assigned time. With that being said, it’s also a very rewarding experience for personal and professional development, and of course lots of fun!
Responsibilities of the Outreach Chair
- Create awareness of the SSA throughout the Columbus community.
- Responsible for coordinating, contacting, motivating, and following up with off campus community involvement activities.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating the Mentorship Program with High School and Middle School students in the community. Facilitate the pairing of mentors with mentees and organize semesterly activities to maintain the program.
- Responsible for organizing and educating SSA members of community volunteer opportunities.
- Responsible for taking advantage of the various community outreach opportunities, and maintaining a positive image for the SSA within the greater Columbus community.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with various community professionals and contacts for the advancement of the SSA.