Please understand that being a SSA board member is a serious responsibility and requires much dedication and organization. Board members are expected to attend weekly meetings and complete all necessary tasks within the assigned time. With that being said, it’s also a very rewarding experience for personal and professional development, and of course lots of fun!
Responsibilities of the Marketing Chair
- Posting event information on the University Calendar, SSA website, and any social networking sites.
- Responsible for creating flyers for all SSA events and sharing flyers online and around campus/community.
- MC is responsible for actively updating all SSA related social media accounts and posting all relevant pictures, video and related media.
- MC is responsible for making campus publications and media sources aware of SSA events.
- Informing faculty and staff of SSA events.
- Composing and distributing press releases for SSA major events.
- MC is responsible for maintaining and utilizing a SSA camera to record activities and events for the website, social media and other outlets.