Please understand that being a SSA board member is a serious responsibility and requires much dedication and organization. Board members are expected to attend weekly meetings and complete all necessary tasks within the assigned time. With that being said, it’s also a very rewarding experience for personal and professional development, and of course lots of fun!
Responsibilities of the Events Chair
- The Events Chairperson shall design an event curriculum that satisfies the educational needs of both the Somali and Non-Somali populations The Ohio State University. This curriculum shall require the approval of the SSA-OSU executive board, and should reflect an understanding and appreciation of the needs of the SSA-OSU members and the campus community as a whole. Additionally, the event curriculum shall reflect the mission and goals of SSA-OSU.
- The Events Chairperson shall be responsible for the planning and implementation of at least four (4) events per semester in the forms of classes, seminars, lectures, etc...
- The Events Chairperson shall collaborate with the Outreach Chairperson on the educational aspect of SSA-OSU social events.
- The Events Chairperson shall be responsible for organizing not only education events or workshops, but also special events (i.e. relating to leadership, public events, current events, professional nights, study tables, etc.)
- The Events Chairperson shall work closely with the Secretary to make sure that spaces are reserved for events and that the needs of the specific events planned are met.
- The Events Chairperson is responsible for organizing the annual Somali Night and Somali Week in collaboration with the Campus Ambassador.