Please understand that being a SSA board member is a serious responsibility and requires much dedication and organization. Board members are expected to attend weekly meetings and complete all necessary tasks within the assigned time. With that being said, it’s also a very rewarding experience for personal and professional development, and of course lots of fun!
Responsibilities of the Academic Chair
- Provide academic and scholarship opportunities to SSA members.
- Reach out to academic units across campus to ensure the success of SSA members academically and professionally.
- Promote education abroad opportunities to SSA members
- Coordinate SSA study tables.
- Coordinate volunteer programs for members to attend
- Working to recruit SSA members on all regional Ohio State campuses and at Columbus State Community College.
- Work with the Outreach Chair to come up with a mentorship program.